This dressing is perfect drizzled over both cold (Green & Red Simple Salad) & hot salad (Roast Duck & Vegetable Salad), raw & roasted veggies, or stirred into quinoa. It adds a really decadent richness and creaminess to any dish, which makes you feel like a real winner as it tastes like it should be really naughty, yet you know it’s made of only pure, natural, health-boosting ingredients.
Tahini is a great dressing base as it can be dressed up with all sorts of different ingredients to achieve different flavours and works beautifully with both sweet and savoury. This recipe has Asian undertones coming from the tangy limes, salty tamari and hint of spice from the chilli flakes. It’s also incredibly healthy as the apple cider vinegar alkalises the body & aids digestion; the chilli improves circulation and boosts the metabolism, and the tahini provides a good source of protein, calcium, vitamins & minerals, so you can enjoy it totally guilt-free and forget those supermarket additive & E-number packed dressings!
- 2 limes
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 5 tbsp tahini
- Chilli flakes (personal taste)
- Salt & pepper (personal taste)
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir until a thick, silky dressing forms.
- (Add water if the dressing is too thick until the consistency is right to your personal taste).
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.