This smoothie bowl is an antioxidant minefield. Blueberries and spinach are wonderful superfoods that will kickstart your body and day the right way – studies have shown that they boost cardiovascular health & brain function; stabilize your blood sugar levels; improve the condition of your skin & hair, and contain anti-cancer properties, helping to make you the healthiest possible version of yourself! Blueberries & spinach are also incredible sources of vitamins C & K, manganese, fibre, iron, calcium and copper. If your body could, I promise you it would give you a gold star for consuming this recipe.
Adding greens to your smoothies is an excellent way to sneak in those essential nutrients in a low-calorie way, without affecting the amazing flavour of the smoothie; you honestly can’t taste the spinach in this recipe at all! Instead, you are left with a naturally sweet, berry rich, wonderfully creamy, thick, ice-cream-like, consistency of pure tasty healthy goodness.
The best part about smoothie bowls for me is the toppings, because you really can add anything you want! I added fresh blueberries & strawberries, goji berries, crushed almonds, cacao nibs and pumpkin seeds to this particular recipe, but I absolutely love adding nut butters, a handful of my Banana & Honey Nut Granola & bee pollen too.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup (frozen) blueberries
- 1 cup (frozen) strawberries
- 100g spinach
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 tbsp boabob (optional) (I use Organic Burst)
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Pumpkin seeds
- Goji berries
- Crushed almonds
- Cacao nibs
- Put a bowl in the freezer.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processer and blend.
- (Add almond milk or ice if the smoothie is too thick until the consistency is right to your personal taste).
- Pour the smoothie into your cold bowl and serve with toppings of your choice.