Smoothies are a real lifesaver for me. No matter what time of day, I am always appetised by the idea of a homemade smoothie! This is great for me as I must admit that I am not always a massive breakfast person, and on those days where I stand in my kitchen staring at the contents of my fridge and cupboards like a lost sheep, smoothies save my day. This particular smoothie makes me really happy, as it always transports me to somewhere warm and sunny (even if only for a minute!).
Mango and banana are a real match made in heaven; both their flavours and textures work wonderfully together and produce a beautifully thick, silky, creamy texture when blended. I like to add dates for an extra naturally sweet hit and almond milk to loosen the consistency a little. It’s super quick to make and tastes utterly delicious. But if you fancied making it more wholesome and adding a little crunch, you can easily use this recipe as a base for a smoothie bowl, as I often do (Mango & Banana Smoothie Bowl). Trust me, this recipe will make you feel like you’re on holiday in your own home. Enjoy!
- 1 cup nut milk (I use almond)
- 1 banana
- ½ mango
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 tbsp baobab (optional) (I use Organic Burst)
- 1 cup squashed spinach (optional)
- Put a glass in the freezer.
- Remove the skin and stone from the mango.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processer and blend.
- (Add almond milk or ice if the smoothie is too thick until the consistency is right to your personal taste).
- Pour the smoothie into your cold glass.