This porridge recipe is super easy to make and bound to be a crowd-pleaser due to it’s subtle, delicious, warming flavours. Despite leaving you feeling nice and full, the taste of this porridge is surprisingly light, leaving you full of energy so that you can spring up off that sofa and face the day ahead! I absolutely love the juicy bursts of flavour from the raisins & blueberries, the chewiness of the raisins and the crunch of the almonds & cacao nibs.
I used bee pollen as my natural sweetener in this recipe, but you can use honey or maple syrup too! This bowl of porridge has the perfect balance of complex carbs, natural sugars, healthy fats and plant-based protein to start your day in the best possible way. The vanilla protein powder gives your body an extra boost, but vanilla extract is the perfect alternative to achieve the same amazing taste if you don’t have any to hand. Feel free to add anything else you wish to; I can’t think of anything that wouldn’t work beautifully!
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup nut milk (I use almond)
- ¼ cup raisins
- 50g blueberries
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder (I use Sunwarrior) (or vanilla extract)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch seasalt
- Crushed almonds (personal taste) (to serve)
- Cacao nibs (personal taste) (to serve)
- Splash of nut milk (to serve) (I use almond)
- Bee pollen/honey/maple syrup/agave (to serve)
- Add the oats and nut milk to a saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over a high heat & cook the oats until soft.
- Add the raisins, vanilla protein powder (or extract), cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to the saucepan & stir.
- Once the porridge has thickened, turn off the heat and pour into a bowl.
- Serve with blueberries, crushed almonds, cacao nibs, a splash of nut milk & sweetener of your choice.