Sweet potato wedges are like gold dust in my house. They disappear within seconds. It is amazing how incredible this root vegetable tastes, cooked in literally any form; baked; cubed & roasted; mashed; steamed; pureed; or even used in baked goods, but it is even more amazing how good they are for you. Sweet potatoes have a hugely high vitamin A content, which helps to boost our immune system and give us glowing, healthy skin.
Vitamin A is fat soluble so I recommend eating them combined with a little healthy fat, like tahini (try my Asian Tahini Dressing), so that you make the most of the sweet potatoes nutrients! They are also rammed full with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, so you won’t suffer the usual carb bloat or heavy sensation that we can often feel. Sweet potatoes also have twice the amount of dietary fibre than normal potatoes, which both aids digestion and keeps us feeling full for longer. They are literally an all-round winner! I love having these wedges both on their own as a snack or as a side to a meal. They are delicious dipped in my Classic Hummus or my Avocado Cream.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 kg sweet potatoes
- Salt (personal taste)
- Rosemary (personal taste)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash the sweet potatoes.
- Top & tail the sweet potatoes and chop off any gnarly bits.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into wedges (roughly 1cm by 1cm).
- Place the sweet potato wedges in an ovenproof dish.
- Add the olive oil, and generous amounts of rosemary & salt.
- Using your hands, make sure every wedge is covered in the olive oil & seasoning.
- Spread the sweet potato wedges out in a single layer.
- Place the ovenproof dish in the over for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins, move the sweet potato wedges around so that they cook evenly & place back in the oven for a further 10 mins.
- Remove the wedges from the oven & turn off the heat.
- Either serve hot or allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.